Learning to see the light

by - 4:32 PM

christmas lights

 

The good news is a lot of my old photos were recovered from the broken harddrive!

 

first food 10-0318

 

The good news is a lot of my old photos were recovered! The bad news is I’ve been looking at them and scaring myself. I know I’m my own worst critic but c’mon, what is the focus of this photo? The one egg with no paprika on it? Nothing is really in focus except the bottom of the pan. Today I’d throw this out.

first food 10-0322

 

This one I dislike for two reasons, 1, the flash was used and didn’t help. I could easily have moved it near the window and it would’ve looked 100thousand times better.

2, the cup cake dead center is in focus and that generally only looks good on portraits. Ah hah! it was a cupcake portrait!

 

first food 10-0311

 

This one isn’t too terrible or I’m just trying to be nice to my former self and don’t want her to quit.

 

first food 10-0321

 

Yeah, keep practicing and learning from it. eventually you’ll learn to see the light. Obviously I didn’t have that part down yet.

 

first food 10-0320

 

High five for these cookies, there’s a nice feel about this photo.

If you have just started do not be afraid to take bad photos the more you shoot the more you learn. Someone said your first 10,000 photos are your worst. For me it may have been my first 40,000.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting