Miss Danielle

by - 11:50 AM

BlueRidge-7481

 

We took a little drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway this weekend. So many beautiful overlooks and so many beautiful views.

From the Waterrock Knob parking lot we went up the little trail, I did it in flip flops so it was pretty easy or I’m just too lazy to put shoes on for a .5 mile hike.

BlueRidge-7539

 

The trail winds to the top

 

BlueRidge--5

 

with really nice views that make the hike up totally worth it.

 

BlueRidge--7

 

BlueRidge-7538

 

BlueRidge--6

 

I love seeing the light peeking through like this.

 

BlueRidge-7470

 

I confess, some of the photos I took from the car, others I actually got out and set up the tripod.

 

BlueRidge--8

 

BlueRidge-7559

 

BlueRidge--11

 

BlueRidge--19

 

The light was just getting better and better as we drove along.

 

BlueRidge-7625

 

At another overlook there were a bunch of photographers already there. I set up next to this guy with camo legs (tripod)

 

BlueRidge--25

 

We got talking as we waited for the light to change. He said he photographs birds and wildlife primarily. He said he was up here at 4 am waiting for the first light to photograph some kind of birds that are migrating right now. 

Then we got talking about lenses and how expensive they are.

He said he traded a fiancé for his current lens he shoots birds with.

I laughed and told him that was awesome! 

He laughed and said Yeah, her name is Danielle, she’s in the car.

 

BlueRidge-7624

 

Then I just had to meet Miss Danielle. I made him bring her out and properly introduce her.

 

BlueRidge-7652

 

Blue Ridge Parkway p-7608

 

Views like this make it worth the wait every time.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting