Illegals

by - 12:01 PM

mexican bean beetles-11636

 

I over hear:

“I caught some illegal Mexicans honeymooning in my garden! And I took a little knife and squished their heads!”

What?! Ok, ok, I’m listening now I want to see this.  Show me the Mexicans in your garden.

 

mexican bean beetles-11644

 

I am brought to the green bean plants and am shown the leaves being defoliated

 

mexican bean beetles-11651

 

The bean plants do look pretty bad but what about the Mexicans honeymooning?

 

mexican bean beetles-11646

 

sure enough under the leaves there they are, Mexican Bean Beetles.

 

mexican bean beetles-11647

 

And yellow patches of eggs on the under side of the leaves.

 

mexican bean beetles-11649

 

Then I saw for my self the head squishing. And egg squishing.

 

mexican bean beetles-11650

 

Moral of the story, growing beans without pesticides means some for you and some for the bugs.

 

mexican bean beetles-11653

 

mexican bean beetles-11639

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting