Bob’s Pizza crust

by - 1:13 PM

gluten free pizza-9302

 

I tried Bob’s Red Mill gluten free Pizza crust mix. I found it at Big Lots of all places.

 

gf pizza-9303

 

I did not know it came with a packet of yeast.

 

gf pizza-9304

 

But there it was so I used it.

 

gf pizza-9306

 

The instructions on the bag are very easy.

 

gf pizza-9307

 

I might put just a little less water in next time and add it if it feels like it needs it.

 

gf pizza-9309

 

pouring all the water in made dissolving the yeast more of a challenge but I got it.

 

gf pizza-9310

 

a couple of eggs

 

gf pizza-9311

 

and olive oil

 

gf pizza-9312

 

then mixed it together.

 

gf pizza-9316

 

Poured in the whole bag of gluten free pizza crust mix

 

gf pizza-9318

 

and carefully mixed it. Ok, some of spilled out when I was mixing in a hurry.

 

 

gf pizza-9321

 

In my hurry I forgot that the directions said to let it rise for 20 minutes. I just put it in a backing sheet right away.

 

gf pizza-9322

 

This stuff is sticky, I didn’t even try to roll it out with a rolling pin. I just mashed it out with my singers and washed my hands off a lot.

 

gf pizza-9323

 

It worked fine if you’re ok with it looking a little lumpy.

 

gf pizza-9324

 

While the 1st one was in the oven I wrapped up the other ball of dough to put in the fridge ‘cause they said it can be stored in the fridge. Then I re-read the part about letting it rise for 20 minutes. Oops. So I unwrapped the 2nd one and left it to rise in a bowl on top of the freezer where it’s warm. 

 

gluten free pizza crust-9339

 

Here’s the risen dough. Very soft and airy but still very sticky.

 

gluten free pizza crust9340

 

So sticky that I grabbed a butter paper and used that to spread it out on the baking sheet.

 

gf pizza-9341

 

I think that got it smoother.

 

gluten free pizza crust-9352

 

Conclusion from letting it rise or baking right away: Not noticeably different.

 

Now I’m off to pick out some pizza toppings

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. Using the butter paper was a clever move!

    ReplyDelete

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting