Coker Creek falls and wet feet

by - 2:58 PM

coker creek falls--3

 

Coker Creek falls is just over the line In Polk county Tennessee.

 

coker creek falls-5668

 

There’s a sign with an arrow scratched on it indicating the turn onto forest rd 2138

 

coker creek falls-5670

 

The road dead ends at a little parking lot.

 

coker creek falls-5675

 

The trail follows the river.

coker creek falls-5678

 

The trail was nice, it looked like some fabulous volunteers had recently done some work on the trails.

 

coker creek falls-

 

There are a number of falls along the trail.

 

coker creek falls--3

 

The next falls was very nice.

 

coker creek falls-4274

 

The afternoon light was perfect.

coker creek falls-4277

 

coker creek falls-4278

 

coker creek falls-5681

 

There was another falls, I set up the tripod and camera.

coker creek falls-4279

 

I saw that rock out there all dry and was sure the light and the angle was better out there…

 

 

coker creek falls-5685

 

Next thing I know I’m shin deep in cold water and I’m sitting on a cold rock with a trickle of water flowing over it.

Nevermind me, yeah, I’m fine, no I don’t think I hit my knee or anything else for that matter –How’s my  camera?

 

 

coker creek falls-5686

 

After looking it over, the camera’s fine and my beater lens is fine. I just seem to have wrecked a UV filter and ripped a ligament on one of  the legs of the tripod. It’ll probably need a brace from now on.

 

Considering all the possibilities I’m pretty happy to have only lost a UV filter.

 

All the way back I was reminded  that Gore-tex shoes hold water real well.

Squish walk,

squish walk.

That’s all for now, I gotta find some dry clothes.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting