Quinoa+bean casserole

by - 6:21 AM

quinoa casserole-1149

 

I’ve been trying to organize photos from last year and years past. I’ve read things about proper systems so as to not drive yourself crazy in the future.  I thought I had a system then I realize just putting photos in a folder called Pictures doesn’t count. And now I’ve learned just leaving photos named dsc- isn’t good enough because after 9999 it starts all over.

While I was doing all that sorting I was reminded of my aunt’s Quinoa and bean casserole. If  that makes sense.

I never did get a photo of it when it was cooked, it was so good and everyone ate it up so fast that I never did get a chance I was too busy having seconds.

 

 

quinoa casserole-1127

 

She started sautéing some chopped bell peppers and onion.

 

quinoa casserole-1128

 

while that was cooking she got out the cheese.

 

quinoa casserole-1129

 

She set the sautéed vegetables aside, aside but near by.

 

quinoa casserole-1131

 

Into casserole pans she layered cooked quinoa,

 

quinoa casserole-1133

 

Then cheese,

 

quinoa casserole-1135

 

Then a layer of Salsa,

 

quinoa casserole-1136

 

Then more cheese because everything is better with cheese.

 

quinoa casserole-1139

 

A layer of cooked beans.

 

quinoa casserole-1141

 

The sautéed vegetables,

 

quinoa casserole-1142

 

Then sprinkled on the cilantro,

 

quinoa casserole-1144

 

a final layer of cheese.

 

quinoa casserole-1146

 

She Sliced a tomato extra thin to put on top.

 

quinoa casserole-1149

 

Even though there are no photos to prove it, she did bake it until the cheese was all melted and everything was heated through.

Then we ate it all,

the end.

 

Quinoa+bean casserole

ingredients

  • 1-2 cups cooked quinoa
  • 1 small onion
  • 1/4 green bell pepper chopped
  • 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
  • olive oil for sautéing
  • 1 cup grated cheese or slices whatever you have
  • 1 jar salsa from the store or homemade salsa
  • 1 cup cooked beans whatever kind or kinds you like
  • 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1 tomato sliced

Chop onion and peppers. Sautee with olive oil and set aside.
In a casserole dish layer in quinoa, cheese, salsa, more cheese, beans, sautéed vegetables, chopped cilantro, still more cheese, and top with tomato slices.

Bake at 350 until cheese is bubbly and everything is heated through.

Serve warm.


You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting