What happens at a cross-ice mite game

by - 9:15 AM

mites-1563

 

Well, we score goals, fall down and get back up a lot. 

 

 

mites-1650

 

We use these foam pillow-like things to divide the ice into a smaller playing area. We play with a bright blue puck that’s about half the weight of a regular black puck.

I sit on the dividers with my team and talk to them about strategy and systems or something like that.

 

 

mites-1544

 

I laugh a lot. I have no idea what is happening here. But somebody's falling and somebody already did fall.

 

 

mites-1565

 

Sneaky’s really getting good at coming in at an angle to take the puck from someone.

 

 

mites-1566

 

As she leaves she even positions her body between the puck and the guy she stole it from. Too bad it was someone on her own team she took it from.

 

 

mites517-1607

 

Then for some reason, don’t ask me why  after the game no matter what the score is we do a shootout. The kids all like it.

 

 

mites517-1664

 

He shoots, he scores!

 

mites517-1665

 

There are different goal celebrations.

 

mites517-1686 

Most opt for the classic arms raised.

 

mites517-1674

 

Jon had been planning the knee touch and fist pump for quite some time.

 

mites517-1671

 

Drewsy chose the Happy skate and just smiled all the way back to his bench.

 

mites517-1690

 

Sneaky faced the crowd because she knew they were all just as happy as she was about scoring.

 

 

mites517-1702

 

Others prefer to wave to Mom and Dad.

 

 

 

mites517-1712

 

It's a great day for hockey!

It’s a lot of fun.

And that’s why we do it.

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1.  Fun kids too. If the kids are having fun I'm having fun. Did I mention I like hockey?

    ReplyDelete

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting