Day 20: Eyes -on your pizza?

by - 8:21 PM

pizza face-5604

I am just having too much fun with #photoadayjuly! Who would’ve known two slices of vegetarian sausage would have anything to do with eyes?

 

pizza face-5599

It started out innocently enough, a bunch of vegetables on the table to be made into a pizza. But then there was that nagging feeling that I still hadn’t taken any picture of any eyes.

I laid a few things out on the cutting board and before I knew it I had a face with eyes! I though that was as far as it was going to go

 

pizza face-5593pizza face-5594

So I got the dough ready.

 

pizza face-5597

I was so busy laughing at my Mr vegetable head that I forgot to grease the pan before putting the dough on.

 

pizza face-5598

It turned out to be just fine with the oil that ran off from the pesto when it baked.

 

pizza face-5601

On the left I have chicken, roasted red peppers, green bell peppers and cracked pepper cheese. On the right I have carrots, some kind of vegetarian sausage, I don’t know, it was a deal.And cracked pepper cheese.

 

pizza face-5602

Then I realized that the face wanted to be on the pizza! So I put on a layer of shredded mozzarella as sort of a foundation or concealer or something. The sausage slices were such perfect almond shaped eyes. A thin slice of zucchini made the most adorable eyelashes. A bent green bean added just the right touch for a nose.

 

pizza face-5604

More zucchini sliced with a vegetable peeler for the curled moustache and curly hair. Roasted red pepper made his stunning lips and his two bucky front teeth made from cucumbers were solely inspired by Bubba J!

 

pizza face-5605

I added a little more mozzarella and off to the oven he went.

 

pizza face-5610

Bake until the dough is lightly browned on the bottom and the cheese is bubbly. 

 

pizza face-5608

Serve warm or eat later when you can stop laughing.

 

pizza face-5609

With pizza and vegetables all things are possible!

 

Make your own pizza face

suggested items

  • your favorite pizza dough
  • zucchini ribbons
  • roasted red peppers
  • cucumbers
  • carrots, sausage
  • chicken
  • cheese
  • green beans
  • pesto

 

Bake at 500 until the dough is lightly browned on the bottom and the cheese is bubbly.

 


Technorati Tags: ,

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting