Take more pictures

by - 5:15 PM

TM_326-48

Recently some of you have been asking me about what camera to get on a small budget to get started in photography.

I’m sure there are a variety of ways to get started. I started with a point and shoot from a pawn shop. When it died I moved onto another point and shoot that was minorly dented and on clearance.

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Then I took it with me where ever I went.

Whether you have a DSLR or a point and shoot camera really nice and really awful pictures can be taken with either.  People who know what they’re doing probably get more nice shots people who don’t really know what they’re doing can get lucky and learn from each and every picture they take.

Never let your lack of photography knowledge, skills or equipment keep you from shooting. This above photo was from a point and shoot on auto back in 2009 when I didn’t know why I’d want anything more than auto. All I knew was to put my flashers on when I stopped the car by the guard rail.

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

If you see something that looks like a good picture, stop and take it or a couple.

This falls photo was the beginning of my camera lust. It didn’t start right off. Oh, at first I was quite happy with this photo. But Geoff made a comment about slowing down my shutter to get the smoother water look. I had no idea what he was talking about.

 

PN12LF--9

2 years later I was perched on a rock at the bottom of Laurel Falls and I knew just what he was talking about.

 

TD_3_11-17-2

These Weeping Cherries were another one of those moments where I saw it and knew it was a great picture possibility. I stopped the car on the side of the road and briefly thought about snapping a few quickly from there before anyone in the house saw me. Then I decided no, go ask first. So I went up the walk and knocked on the door. Nobody came I wasn’t sure if anyone was home or not. So I headed down the walk and got thinking since I’m now on this side of the Weeping Cherry I have my camera with me maybe I’ll just-

The door opened!

I turned around and tried to quickly explain why I was taking a short cut across her lawn and actually wanted to take some pictures of her trees.

She said sure, shrugged and went back inside.

It was totally worth stopping.

 

TJ_329b-68

As for cameras, here’s a good rundown from the guys over at DigitalPphotoraphySchool.com I learn so much when ever I take the time to read their articles. Last night I did a little point and shoot research and found I really like the  Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS, and what do you know, DPS readers agree with me it’s the #1 point and shoot on their list!

 

TJ_329b-70

If you like warrantees and the ability to return it buy new but know you’ll pay for it. If you want to stick to a budget do your home work and find something used.

Go out and shoot!

~PN


 

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting