GreenTea-Kale-Avocado Smoothie

by - 9:55 AM

TRGT316-336

I saw a recipe for a smoothie like this once but I never saved it and really can’t remember what all they put it it. So here’s what I put in. My conclusion is it’s best fresh. Left in the fridge over night the kale does that cabbage family thing…

Fresh was really nice,

the next day not so much.

 

TRGT316-316

I started with some cooked oatmeal

 

TRGT316-318

An avocado, and fresh raw kale with stems removed.

 

TRGT316-320

Put it all in the blender along with milk, lemon juice and honey to taste.

 

TRGT316-321

And a cup of green tea. Plus a cup or so of ice cubes. Blended it all up

 

TRGT316-327-2

and came up with this incredibly smooth and creamy smoothie!

 

Avocado-Kale Smoothie

ingredients

  • 4 small leaves of raw kale stems removed
  • 1 avocado
  • 1 cup green tea
  • 1/8 cup lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup raw honey
  • 1/4 cup cooked oatmeal
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 2 cups ice cubes

Blend together and drink immediately. Serves about 3.

 


You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Type your coThis blog is through a nice to meet new people and their land, culture and nature. Come and look at you Teuvo Kuvat - Teuvo images, both at the same time will be my blog kokoellmassa flag depicting your country's flag to rise higher. You should also tell all your friends to my blog by fermentation. Teuvo Vehkalahti Finlandmment here.

    www.ttvehkalahti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks like you put the avocado in skin-on. did you??

    ReplyDelete
  3.  No, I just forgot to take a picture of taking the peal off. I have a hard time remembering to stop for pictures of each step on smoothies. Once my hands are sticky and the blender is going I just start trowing things in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This smoothie looks DELISH! Not that I need another reason to eat more avocados... :)

    ReplyDelete

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting