Kale Chips

by - 11:43 AM

PNPK11-76

I have heard about kale chips, I have looked at pictures of kale chips, I have read tweets about people enjoying their kale chips and I have even gone so far as to ask for the exact recipe that my cousin uses to make her kale chips that her little boy loves so much but somewhere in the back of my mind I was afraid they were going to be as unappealing as coleslaw so I kept putting it off. 

 

PNPK11-60

Well the day finally came, I put on my brave face and went out to the garden and picked large armload of kale and reassured my self this was a good idea because there are lots of good vitamins in kale.

 

PNPK11-61

It really is pretty looking.

 

PNPK11-62

Washed it and pulled off the stems. I left it to dry, actually I gingerly beat it onto the towel.

 

PNPK11-63

I poured in a splash of olive oil

 

PNPK11-64

and mixed it around with my hands. I really couldn’t figure any other way to get the leaves covered without using a ridiculous amount of oil.

 

PNPK11-66

I spread some on cookie sheets

 

PNPK11-67

and put it in the oven. 

 

PNPK11-70

For the remaining batches I minced up some garlic and made them as garlic kale chips.

 

PNPK11-72

I pulled them out when they started to get brown in spots.

 

PNPK11-74

Sprinkled it with salt and ate them. They were good.

I mean so good I ate every last one.

Kale chips are nothing like coleslaw, this I now know.

 

 

Kale Chips

ingredients

  • 10-15 leaf/branches of kale
  • a splash of olive oil
  • salt and minced garlic to taste.

bake at 350 until they start to turn brown in spots.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting