Oct 31, 2011

Pesto Kale Lasagna

PNP_PL-88

I can’t believe I never thought of pesto lasagna before, this was great. My friend somehow knew I had a lot of basil and sent me a Pesto lasagna recipe which I altered here and there a little or actually a lot.

 

PNP_PL-5

I picked as much kale as I could without killing the plants and will just have to wait on making kale chips.

 

PNP_PL-14

I don’t like too much dirt on my kale so it got a quick shower in the sink first.

 

PNP_PL-21

 

PNP_PL-26

While the kale and noodles were cooking I started chopping garlic.

 

PNP_PL-33

Yes, arranging noodles is something I minored in.

 

PNP_PL-38

Drain the cottage cheese so it looks just like ricotta, well maybe not but it’s close enough when there is no ricotta. 

 

PNP_PL-43

In a medium bowl add cooked kale, sauteed onions, minced garlic, chopped fresh basil,  salt and pepper,

 

PNP_PL-46

Cottage cheese, parmesan and pesto.

 

PNP_PL-48

Mix it all together. Look at that color of green, No shortage of vitamin K here!

 

PNP_PL-50

Layer noodles  in pan top with kale mixture and a layer of mozzarella and repeat until pan is full.

 

PNP_PL-51

Then realize the noodles might stick and add a few table spoons of the cheese whey under the noodles.

 

PNP_PL-55

 

PNP_PL-60

Bake about 30 minutes in a pre heated oven at 350 

 

 PNP_PL-61

or until it’s all bubbly. 

 

PNP_PL-74

Garnish with red bell pepper slices and basil. 

 

PNP_PL-87

 

Pesto Kale Lasagna

Ingredients

  • 9 lasagna noodles cooked al dente
  • 3/4 cup sautéed chopped onions
  • 3 cloves minced garlic
  • 2 cups cooked drained kale
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 12 oz. drained cottage cheese
  • 3/4 cup pesto
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
  • 8 oz mozzarella
  • red bell pepper slices for garnish

 

Cook noodles al dente, cook kale, chop basil and garlic, sauté onions, drain cottage cheese and find a pan about 8x8”.

In a medium bowl mix cooked kale,chopped basil, sauteed onions, minced garlic, cottage cheese parmesan and pesto.

Layer noodles in pan top with kale mixture and a layer of mozzarella and repeat until pan is full. Top with red bell pepper slices.

Bake about 30 minutes in a pre heated oven at 350.

2 comments:

Erin Kilpeck said...

I made this... since pesto is one of the few green things my non-vegetable eating husband likes, i thought it would be a perfect way to sneak some (gasp!!) kale into... he never even  noticed and he even had seconds... 

PancakeNinja said...

Glad he liked it! I'm going to try Kale chips.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

© 2011 Pancake Ninja, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena