Chicken Curry

by - 3:45 PM

 Curry Chicken made by SuzyQ, my guest cook.

Start by trimming the fat off the chicken.

Chop the onions, peppers,

scallions, celery, garlic,

and mushrooms.

 Sautee the vegetables on low heat with a tablespoon of olive oil starting with the onions and garlic, give them a few minutes 

then add remaining vegetables.

Set the vegetables aside and use the pan for the Chicken. About a tablespoon of olive oil.

I really like how I caught the steam coming off the cooking chicken here.

add a pinch of salt

cook until lightly brown.

return vegetables

add curry paste. squeeze it out or dig it out with a spoon.

and 1 cup of water or chickenstock.

stir in

add coconut milk

Oh, it's looking good now! Now is the time to taste it and see what you think.

 The results are in, maple syrup it is!

Add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.

Fish the chicken pieces out and cut them in half leaving the bone on one half.

Put two large basil leaves in and let cook a while.

serve over long grain white rice.

Thai Curry Chicken
   ingredients
  • 6 pieces of chicken
  • 1 13.66 oz can coconut milk
  • 1 package Thai red curry paste
  • 4 bell peppers
  • 2 stacks of cellery
  • 2 small onions
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • 6 scalllions
  • 10 baby portabella mushrooms
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 large basil leaves

instructions
chop vegetables starting with  garlic and onions sautee  with a table spoon of olive oil on low heat. then add remaining vegetables.set aside.
Brown Chicken until lightly brown. Return vegetables add curry paste and 1 cup of water or chickenstock. add coconut milk and maple syrup and stir in. Cut chicken pieces in half. add basil leaves and let cook a while.
Serve over long grain white rice.

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. I apologize to all my readers with slow internet, for putting 22 photos in this post. I just couldn't leave any out. I never imagined I'd have so much fun with a pot of curry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious! We are big-time curry fans. Great step-by-step photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I apologize to all my readers with slow internet, for putting 22 photos in this post. I just couldn't leave any out. I never imagined I'd have so much fun with a pot of curry.

    ReplyDelete

Find me on

Facebook Taste spotting